In today’s market, with the cost of insurance spiralling out of control (especially motor), it is of even greater importance for consumers to shop around at renewal time as there can be huge differences in premiums from one company to another, sometimes up to thousands of euro.
There are many advantages to taking out your insurance policy through an insurance broker as opposed to going direct to an insurer:
- Firstly it is very important to note that brokers are NOT insurance companies and cannot set insurances rates. We are on your side, working on your behalf to negotiate cheaper premiums & better levels of cover. Many will source special preferential rates with individual providers.
- We’ll do the leg work for you, shopping around the major insurance companies for the best rates and most appropriate levels of cover.
- We’ll use our extensive knowledge of the market to offer impartial advice on what products are most suitable, explaining benefits of certain covers, making recommendations or highlighting important issues.
- Where required a broker can assist you in dealing with any claim from “cradle to grave”, to ensure that the insurers claims department are processing your claim correctly and as promptly and efficiently as possible.
- Having your policy through a broker may also offer your more choice as some Insurers do not deal directly with the Public and only do business through the broker network, e.g. Patrona.
- If a broker is unable to source a quotation on your behalf themselves for whatever reason they will most likely be able to recommend another Insurer in the marketplace that you could approach to obtain a quotation (Classic Car Insurance for example).
- People with accidents/claims/convictions/modified or older vehicles will especially find it harder to find competitive insurance in today’s climate, often wasting time getting declined for quotes when shopping around. These are precisely the types of clients who would benefit from a broker’s knowledge & expertise.
- Being Insured through a broker can also give you peace of mind that you policy is placed with a reputable company and confidence that the cover is the most suitable for your requirements. Brian J Pierce Ltd is a member of the Irish Brokers Association (IBA), the representative body for all insurance brokers in Ireland. We are regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland, and conduct business in accordance to the strict guidelines set out in their Consumer Protection Code. In business over 30 years, we pride ourselves on our professional service and the close relationships we have developed with our long standing client base.
Talk to us today on 01-6674985 to discuss your insurance requirements.